The Collins Career Technical Center Board of Education believes that attendance in school is absolutely essential to the successful completion of the curriculum.
The Attendance Office is responsible for accurately recording and monitoring daily student attendance. Students are to be in school each day school is in session. Parents and students are encouraged to schedule personal appointments after the school day. Students who attend Collins Career Technical Center must adhere to the board approved school calendar.
Who do I contact with questions about attendance?
Download our Attendance Brochure
Use this link to report an absence, tardy, or other instance when your student will miss instructional time.
- Which calendar should I follow? My home school's or CCTC's?
- Will I receive a call from CCTC when my child is absent?
- What do I do if my child is going to be absent or late for school?
- When I call to report my child will be absent, is the absence automatically marked?
- If I forget to send a note with my child upon their return from an absence, how long do I have before the absence is considered unexcused?
- How will I know if CCTC closes or has a delay?
We work with each home school to align our calendar as closely as possible to each school. Please take a moment to compare the CCTC district calendar with your home school's calendar. Home school's have an occasional day off when CCTC is still in session. In these cases the student can still attend CCTC that day, but alternate transportation would have to be arranged. If the student cannot make it to CCTC they will be excused for the day.